Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New experiances and old


So I attended my first fan convention, which just the word fan makes me uneasy. Years of abuse on the front line kinda thing I guess. And yes I did spend a good amount of time saying this can be fixed and that can be fixed. The rest was as always behind my camera lens.

I met new people, and I will admit my goal of the day was not to meet most of the people there. Why because their online personalities scream to me to stay away, that in person they would be the fans I so avoid in the line of work. I felt close to melt down from the anxiety of the day on a few occasions and I did my best to hold myself together.

I did try some of the games and view what was to be viewed, just often from a distance while everyone else was grouped in the bleachers. I even, gulp, let myself be interviewed for placement on the fan site. There is a reason I keep behind the camera, but what is life with out some risks adventure less.

Think the worst part of all this for me was I hate being photographed and filmed, it never comes out good. And everywhere you turned inside someone was shooting. Having to sign a release to be let in the door was a big tip off, but it's still not fun. Out across the net there are likely bad images of me in the hands of people I'd never want them in. It is double edged cause yes I too have pictures of other people who are strangers, though other than sharing with friends and family my images are not likely to be out on the Internet.


My friends who were there it was great to see and those who weren't we missed.

2 comments:

  1. I just watched the clip again and that was painful. You did great. Who was interviewing? The poor thing was like, "Oh God, she did not share her life story. Oh God. I have to come up with a follow-up and I was thinking about Egg McMuffins and have no idea what the hell she said!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bad at names but she's one of the Wiki people with wetpaint. Honestly I was ancwering on the fly and some of it is true but people my get wrong idea (crew interaction, I see that just watching them work no need for the drama) and some was a fib (like I really wsn't there to meet anyone just leave me to my camera lol).

    Friend saw this and was liek why did you say your name was concertkat.......um like I was gonna give my real name?

    ReplyDelete