Sunday, September 6, 2009

Travel thoughts

Been spending a lot of time reviewing and editing photos from my big trip and contemplating what i will do next.

Big trips are never easy to do but worth the effort in finding deals. Look around at hotel prices, why stay in a icky hotel (read reviews, if several reviews all hit on the same problems changes are they are really and issue) when for the same price or a little more you can find a really nice one. Want to visiting a nice restaurant, those tips I've heard over and over are true. Eat lunch there or eat in the bar.....if you don't eat a lot splitting meals can work too. Airfare and rental cars have to be shopped carefully and seen if they are worth it. Pricing gas in the area is a great tool we have now, to help estimate the costs.

So now I need to decide where I want to go, get information, and pricing estimates together. So I can save and plan for whatever extras or new things I will need for that trip.

Big plans are always swimming around my head....but it always comes down to which trips can I afford and more often than not that day trip to the orchard or park can be just as exciting if not more.

No comments:

Post a Comment