Tuesday, September 29, 2009

regeneration and nature

I've been watching the installments of Ken Burns: "National Parks America's Best Idea." And as I've loved many of the parks through pictures over the years, and at last count have visited at least 20 of them....there is much I never knew or understood. These men and women who had a deep love of the land, animals, and even the history of these great spots around us.


It is interesting to see other people in history who thrived in nature. I knew I wasn't odd in the fact nature invigorates me and excites me, but it is never really talked about anymore. Most people now days talk about the the cities and places they go, focusing on buildings and food and shops. But how often do you hear anymore about the bird, the squirrel, this flower, or that tree. I admit to it myself the awe of a skyscraper, yet I still manage to have a picture of a flower growing somewhere in that city, a mountain in the distance, or the squirrel begging at our feet.


The more I watch of this series the more I want to move to visit all those parks and places I've seen in pictures.


What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment