I've come to realise that something in me, makes me notice things others never do. I also see the beauty in things others never can.
So when I drove cross country in about 50 hours without my camera, it was painful. I saw amazing things fly by my window that I had no hope of catching. I tried a few times with my cell phone and a borrowed camera but what I saw just didn't capture.
And it made me think about how travel has changed over the years. We now rush taking the quickest routes to get to our destination. But what of the older trips where getting there (and home) were half the excitement, the road trips carefully planned to visit interesting places and/or odd things, and getting out kicks on rt66.

We hurriedly pick up fast food when we do get off the road, but what of the little local places. trying the regional cuisine is still done in the cities we visit but what of those little out of the way places. ones that often has someone who really cooked all day to get your meal right, and recipes passed down for generations.
I've really come to realise as much of a observer i am, I am also a get to where i am going as quick as possible person. Especially when traveling alone, i won't stop unless it's necessary. And this is a habit i need to break. I need to stop going darn i missed something amazing and watching it fade away in the mirrors.
I need to take the time to stop and shoot the amazing things i see, visit interesting places, and try those little local restaurants. On trips and locally.
No comments:
Post a Comment