Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gearing Up

In the last few weeks I've finished most of my travel arrangements for my big trip and have started to gear up. The Amazon wish list and universal wish list have been great tools, they allow me not only to collect items I need (or am thinking about) from not only Amazon but also from all over the web. Allowing me to make one list and I can share it if I want.

I went out and ordered one of my wish list items, zip-off pants. These have been around for a while but in my size only recently and expensive. So when
Lands End came out with a line of Sun Life Zip-off Pants, knowing quality of their brand and add an affordable price I was in.

I started by looking at the sizing, as recently all my pants have the issue of moving south on their own (it's good, but it's bad as well). So I measured carefully and chose a size, and ordered 2 different colors. They arrived and I was so excited till I tried a pair on, everything fit great except one thing.....the zip-off part, it just fit (to point I could put the pants on but nothing else).

So I called customer service, afraid that if I went up a size the fit wouldn't work for me. And let me say this Lands End has one of the best customer services I have dealt with on a long time. She was polite, helpful, and spoke English which all service number should have. But she really worked to help me figure out me question, calling and getting the exact measurements of parts of the pants they don't list on their charts. So I could figure out if the next size would work for me. And I have to say I've asked questions of other companies on size and they mearly tell you to refer to their size charts and that is it.

Sadly these pants are moving quickly and at the time of my call only one color was available to me, so I got two of that color. Asked about back order but she said that option wasn't available at this time. I hope Lands End decided this is a good products and makes more. And I look forward to shopping with them in the future.

I continue my hunt for gear, shoes are a top thing (need to break them in before I go). But again I have an odd size and keep shopping around for the right pair. I love the Lands End trekkers line, but they don't have the Mary Jane ones I want in my size. So I keep hunting, hoping someone will have one in my size I like. In the end I often end up settling for a men's shoe just so I have something.

It's crazy how much I need to buy for this trip, but this is a big one in my life. And my shoes and clothes are all pretty old.. generally replaced only when they die because I have such trouble finding things. Ever think of clothes shopping as an adventure? For me it's mostly a frustration but slowly it's getting easier as I find brands that make it worth while shopping with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment