
Snow hit the DC area Sunday and Monday. Shutting down darn near everything, the roads were untreated and unplowed in many areas. I made it home from work on Sunday night going 20 miles per hour in a whiteout. And in a normally hour trip to work, took two and a half. The roads were still not treated very well, and more people were out than needed to be (as most of the area was off). It is a little disturbing passing truck and other 4-wheel drive vehicles in the ditch, knowing you are only in a small 2-wheel drive car that is sliding around. It was an adventure in just getting from point A to point B. And I will forever remember that forklifts (at least regular ones opposed to all-terrain) do not operate well in the snow or slush.

Today, snow day 2 for my teacher mom and a day off for me. The call of the snow was too strong. We through on the bare minimum of gear with the though of her taking one run down our much coveted (by neighborhood kids) hill on a sled. We ended up out there for 45 minutes taking turns. It was like being a kid again with the only main difference being as a kid the cold never seemed to bother anyone. The fun in the snow was much more important.
My mother was enjoying it more than I was, the little purple sled is hers even. Serious and ever in teacher mode most days, it's amazing to see her let loose. I'd bet money her students would never believe she was capable of having fun.

For me sick forever ,I still had to get out and take a run or two. What harm could a little cold and wet really do, when laughter and fresh air are both supposed to be good. I'd have loved to be out longer and really go for a while, but warmth called. I took a few shots but it was more about the adventure of it all today. The shadows of the trees on the snow, icicles on the house & plants, and mom having a ball.
Very cool, thanks for sharing! :)
ReplyDelete