Refereed to as Alaska's Playground, this area is well known for it's sport fishing. But it offers Mountains, oceans/beaches, and the wilderness between. There are Fjords, like the inside passage. Wildlife, like Denali. You can explore a glacier part of the day and a tide pool the rest.
From small towns and isolated areas to larger locations like Homer and Seward. You can enjoy being surrounded by nothing but nature in places assessable only by float plane or boat. Or explore art galleries and wineries between your fishing trip and your massage at the day spa. It really does have something to appeal to everyone. Camp Grounds, Lodges, B&Bs, cabins, value hotels, and even resorts the options are all there offering endless opportunity for planning the type of trip you want.
As much as I'd love to stay at a wilderness lodge accessible only by float plane, it didn't fit with my budget. So a variety of other lodging options awaits me sampling a bit of everything. Fishing isn't necessarily in my plans but the Glacier hikes, kayaking, dog sled tour, panning for gold, and wineries excite me. Hiking and tide pooling are my main planned activities, to tie into my photography. I hope to see a moose, an otter, a puffin, a whale, and a verity of flora & Fauna during my time there.I'm not taking the train trip between Anchorage and Seward though I'd love to. An flying around isn't in the budget, so a rental car and two main roads. I looked into the Marine Highway but it just didn't work for my plans, so between that and a few other places I want to go there is another trip in the future.
I write this my trip still a good distance into the future, and I'm really just starting to get excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment